I’ve been making some good progress on a new pair of socks in Sweet Georgia’s Rusted colorway. Unfortunately, I started the heel in a social setting yesterday and messed it all up. Actually, I made the heel perfectly, I just forgot that I adjusted the stitches per needle to better accommodate the pattern – so my perfect heel had the wrong number of stitches. I was able to redo the heel this morning.
I’m just past the heel now and find the pooling of “rust” very interesting. It started to spiral then zigged when I thought it would zag! I can’t wait to see what the second one will look like.
The pattern is based on Thuja, though I’ve made some changes. I’m using size 1 needles so had to add a bunch of stitches. I also put a 1×1 twisted rib cuff and a short row heel.
I’ve been pretty good about finishing a pair of socks before starting another – but I don’t know if I can keep it up! I have so much new and beautiful sock yarn just begging to be used.