I finished spinning and plying the Purple Club roving (from Chicago) today, and it is hanging to dry right now. During Ava’s nap, I gave the mohair a go. Like the silk, it took me a while to catch on, but I think I have the hang of it now. I’m looking forward to working up the rest of it. The stuff I practiced on is scrap, but I thought I’d share some photos:
This really isn’t how I expected it to turn out – maybe it is just because I am not spinning it really thin. When I think of mohair, this is what comes to mind:
And that is certainly not what I spun. That is not to say that I am unhappy with the results, especially once I made the right adjustements to the tension. Since I am so new to all this, it takes me a while to learn about each new fiber.